Movies, nights on the town, and decadent desserts have all since become date night staples.
But who says a date night can’t include a meal that’s delicious AND healthy? This recipe pairs tasty spiced salmon with cauliflower for a satisfying meal sure to work its way into the regular rotation!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 4 skin-on salmon filets (about 1 in. thick)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Combine olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add cauliflower florets; toss well to coat. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake at 450°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and tender. Combine the cauliflower mixture, cilantro, raisins, and lemon juice in a bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, coriander, and allspice in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over fillets. Arrange fillets, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until done. Serve with cauliflower mixture and lemon wedges.
This recipe comes courtesy of “Cooking Light.”