Pork is a super versatile protein that plays a part in many meals all over the world each and every day, but how popular is it? According to the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization, pork ranks #1 and accounts for over 36% of global meat consumption!
This easy recipe will help you prepare the perfect pork chop every time:
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp ground almonds/almond flour or 1 tbsp breadcrumbs (made from protein bread if possible)
- 2 tsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (3-4 oz), trimmed of excess fat
- low-fat cooking spray or mist
- mixed salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas 6. Line a baking tray or small baking pan with easy glide or non-stick foil.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 tbsp water. You will not need all of this mixture so you may well wish to divide the mixture in half now and save the unused portion in the refrigerator for another use.
- In another shallow bowl, mix ground almonds/almond flour or breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste until well mixed.
- Dip the pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the Parmesan mixture, to coat evenly.
- Generously spritz a non-stick frying pan with low-fat cooking spray or mist. Heat, add the chop and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Transfer to the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the centre and fully cooked. Allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving with a little salad on the side.
Serving size is 1 Pork Chop. Serves 1.
This recipe comes courtesy of Bariatric Cookery.