Have you heard about cloud bread?
This wonderfully light bread substitute uses egg white instead of flour which gives them a soft, fluffy texture. Not only are they gluten-free, they’re low on carbohydrates, making them a perfect addition to anyone’s healthy meal plans.
- 3 eggs, separated, room temp
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, room temp
- 1 tsp sugar or honey (optional)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 4 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white and cream of tartar on high speed until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Sprinkle cheese into mixture and spoon into 12 rounds on the cookie sheet(s).
- Bake 25-30 mins until golden brown. Cool 5 mins on a wire rack.
Serving size 1 cloud bread round. Serves 12.
This recipe was courtesy of Bariatric Choice.