This Instant Pot chicken taco soup recipe is the perfect lazy day dinner idea. Not only does it take under 10 minutes to prepare – it’s also high in protein and low in carbs!
Check out this minimal effort, endlessly customizable, bariatric-friendly recipe, below:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10oz cans Rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5oz can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 10oz bag frozen corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup water
- Add all of your ingredients to the instant pot. Give it a good stir to make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Close the instant pot on your lid by twisting it closed. Close the valve to seal the pressure by pushing the valve away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. After the instant pot has completed, do a quick release by pulling the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and transfer to a cutting board. Shred your chicken, and then add back to your instant pot. Mix well.
- Serve as is, or top with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, tortilla chips/strips, cilantro, cheese, and more!
||Per Serving (1)
This recipe comes courtesy of The Instant Pot Table: