“A cornbread by any other name would smell as sweet.” In the United States, cornbread has different names depending on where it’s ordered. If you’re in the Midwest, you might hear it referred to as “Johnny cakes”; in the deep South, it’s called “corn pone”; and in the rust belt, they serve it fried and call it a “hushpuppy”!
No matter what name you know it by, this low-carb, cheesy cornbread is a delicious dish that everyone will just call “delicious”!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup butter soft, unsalted
- 1 cup coconut flour (121 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon organic stevia extract
- 1 tsp sweet corn extract
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 by 8 baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- In a stand mixer or bowl, whisk or blend on low eggs, milk and butter.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, stevia and corn extract together.
- Pour this into the stand mixer on low or stir to combine.
- Once mixed, add the cheese and stir to combine well.
- Pour into baking dish and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This recipe comes courtesy of “Sugar-Free Mom.”