Boiled shrimp, broiled shrimp, shrimp gumbo, fried shrimp, shrimp cocktail… just like they said in Forrest Gump, there’s a seemingly endless amount of ways to prepare shrimp. That being said, it’s no surprise that Americans eat 1 billion pounds of shrimp every year!
Here’s another delicious way to get some healthy seafood in your diet.
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 ears corn, cooked, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 can black beans, drained rinsed and patted dry
- 3 green onions, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Cooked Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, corn, black beans, green onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Serve.
Serving size 1 salad
This recipe was courtesy of Bariatric Eating.