Thanksgiving is right around the corner and for many bariatric patients this is an opportunity to get creative with classic holiday dishes. This year, wow your dinner guests with this amazing crustless pumpkin pie recipe!
- 425 g/15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Splenda granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 g/12 oz can light evaporated milk
- sugar-free, low-fat whipped cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150 C/300 F/gas mark 2
- Mix the pumpkin with the Splenda sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in the evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour into a deep 23-cm/9-inch glass pie plate and bake for 30-35 minutes, until set but still a little wobbly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve warm, or coll and then chill. Cut into wedges to serve, topped with a little sugar-free whipped low-fat cream if liked.
TIP: The uncooked pumpkin mixture can be poured into a pre-made pastry or digestive biscuit/graham cracker cookie crumb case or shell and then baked. Bake in a preheated 180 C/350 F/gas mark 4 oven for 30-35 minutes.
This recipe comes courtesy of Bariatric Cookery