“Pudding” has referred to many different dishes since the 17th century. In addition to the sweet treat we know, pudding like the so-called Sussex pudding weren’t even what we would call pudding at all (it’s actually a meat dumpling)!
This sugar-free American-style pudding makes the perfect chocolaty dessert, no dumplings necessary!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa, Splenda, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla – heat over medium high, stirring frequently until bubbling and thickened. Mixture will not blend completely until hot. Cook for two minutes until pudding is shiny and smooth.
- Pour into small serving dishes, or one large bowl and chill before serving.
Serving size 1 pudding cup (92g)
This recipe was courtesy of Bariatric Eating.