Some of life’s greatest discoveries come from happy accidents. Legend has it that an accidental order of chicken wings were sent to a small bar in Buffalo, NY, where the owner would usually cure her chicken in vinegar. This time, she opted to add hot sauce to the wings, creating the dish we know and love as buffalo chicken… or, that’s how the story goes.
Wherever it came from, buffalo chicken has been a party favorite since its creation, and we’re happy to share a bariatric-friendly recipe that everyone can enjoy. From a creative dinner to a compliment-worthy finger food, this buffalo chicken belongs in your kitchen!
- 8 Wonton wrappers
- 4 oz. chicken breast
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil water
- Place chicken breasts in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through
- Remove chicken breasts and put them directly into your stand mixer’s mixing bowl. (If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use a fork to shred the chicken by hand.)
- Using the dough hook attachment turn the mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is completely shredded. Stir once or twice to make sure all of the chicken has been shredded.
- Add softened cream cheese to chicken and blend it together thoroughly.
- Add hot sauce and blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4c shredded cheese and ranch and blend thoroughly.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and place one wonton wrapper in each cup.
- Fill wonton cups with buffalo chicken dip and top with the remaining 1/4c of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until wonton is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serves 2 (serving size of 4 cups).
This great recipe comes courtesy of Kat and Melinda at HomeMade Interest!